The Rocket Room is a 2000 sq. ft. daily rental venue located on the third floor of Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food at 272 Water St., in the heart of historic St. John’s, Newfoundland. (Check out the Rocket Room in Ignite Magazine, a publication for meeting & incentive professionals). A warm, alternative space, the Rocket Room exudes the history of the building in which it is housed: the Neyle-Soper Building. Built around 1895, the building was a hardware store until its closure in 1989, when the building underwent a complete heritage restoration from 1998-2001, receiving a Southcott Award from The Newfoundland Historic Trust.
Three floors above the hustle and bustle of Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food, the Rocket Room offers a unique room with original wood floors and exposed brick walls, unobstructed by beams the length of the space. Ideal for receptions, meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops and film production. Depending on the event, the Rocket Room can accommodate up to 150 people.
Rocket Room Features
- Large Main Room (approx. 1800sq.ft.) with 11 – 12 ft pine ceiling, original hard and softwood floors, exposed brick and unobstructed view / working area (no posts).
- South, West & North facing windows
- Entrances on Water St (main) & Duckworth St (loading & deliveries).
- Entrance Reception Area (approx. 23 x 15 ft)
- Main & Track Lighting on separate dimmers for flexible lighting set up.
- Deck at rear of main room.